Do you want some barbecue tips to make your barbecue different and much easier? We have some easy ideas to help you.
- If you have bought a new barbecue, it is a good idea
to remove the impurities which form on the grill during the
manufacturing process. Light the barbecue and let it burn for about 30
to 45 minutes on the highest temperature. Turn it off and allow it to
cool down then wipe the whole cooking area with a little cooking oil.
- Use marinades as they give flavour and
also protect the food from the intense temperatures when cooking. They
will also keep the food moist.
- With a real fire barbecue, if you smear washing up liquid on to the outside of pans it will prevent smoke from staining the pan.
- To help you keep your BBQ clean
so you don’t have to clean up the ashes and grease after cooking,
simply line the base of the BBQ with foil. Once cooled you can just
wrap all the ashes in the foil then line the BBQ again ready for next
- Buy disposable BBQ’s in late summer when the shops are selling them all off.
- For something different, marinade vegetables and fruit before barbecuing.
- The best way to marinade food
is to make up the marinade, put it in a plastic bag with the food then
seal the bag and leave in the fridge (the longer you leave it the better
- For safety when using a "Gaz"
BBQ, drill holes in the four feet so that you can put a tent peg through
it into the ground to fix securely.
- Keep the grill bars well oiled to stop the food sticking.
- Don't try to cook the food too quickly - it will be burnt on the outside but undercooked in the middle.
- Don't put cooked food on the same plate you had previously used for uncooked food.
These are our personal caravan barbecue tips - we hope that they help you.
PLEASE NOTE; ALTHOUGH WE HAVE DONE OUR BEST AND HAVE TESTED
SOME OF THESE TIPS - WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING WHICH
MAY GO WRONG WHEN USING A TIP.
Please let us know if you have any barbecue tips which we have not listed above.
Do you have a great caravan tip?
Do you have a brilliant caravan tip you would like to share with others?
What great ideas have you come across while caravanning to pass on to other caravanners?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...